Monday, August 3, 2015

[NL NOVEL] Our House Pet (Chapter 2 Part 1)


Our House Pet by Kang Miju

Ch. 2


2. I picked up three stray pets and one person



"Hahaha! You jerk!"

I was out of my mind.

(splash!)

This cool sound! That's right, it's littering! Hahaha! I lost everything... so there is nothing I can't do. I been saving these emotions because of my image and elegance, but I can't stand it anymore. Next to me there were empty bottles of soju, after I just threw one  all I had was just a bottle. Snacks ran out. Oh well, I'll just drink. My hands felt weak, but I opened the bottle. While I was drinking, I closed my eyes and went back to 4 hours ago...


"What... are you talking about?"

"Let's break up."

"Ha... why so suddenly..."

"You look like you are gonna play little, so I was thinking of doing it with you, but I didn't see any chance, and I have a new girlfriend she does it really well so for a while I'm going to be with her."

Faking is not only for the girls. That son of bitch... so he tried to do something to me, but I didn't get along with him most of the time, so he is trying to break up?

My whole body was shaking. Today, our company got closed, and I couldn't even get the right amount of payment. So I was even thinking of marrying him for money... but still half of my feeling was true.. I thought he was a good guy... and what?

"Uh? Ah, I'm sorry. Wait for me little bit. I'll be there. Okay, I love you."

He was talking on the phone like that without any hesitation... it was obvious that it's a girl... no his new girlfriend. Do you really think I'm that easy?

In my whole life I never heard I was ugly. I looked calm and quiet, so I never showed my toughness. Actually, you get all the name calling if you are an orphan with bad personality.

"Stay well. But I'm not sure if that will happen. Haha!"

He disappeared like that. In my hand I had my water cup, but I couldn't throw at him. After I came out from the cafe, it was really hard for me to handle this. In the end... I had to drink alcohol that I stopped drinking for 4 years. In the market I bought 10 bottles of soju and some snacks and went to the riverside.

"Haha. Okay... That's how it was. Fuck you world!"

(drop)

Right after I finished shouting something fell on my head. I touched that something on my head... That day I really wanted to be a crazy bitch.

"Ahhhhhh! That pigeon!"

The pigeon already flew away. Next time when I see any pigeon... I will bite their feathers out! And then I will make pigeon barbecue. It couldn't get any worst. While I was cusing and sighing...

(drip)

Something cold wet my cheek. What is this? Don't tell me it's pigeon's shit again?

(drops)

If I had to pick my worst day, I would definitely pick today.
There will be no other day like this. Lost my job, broke up with my lover, pigeon shit on my head... and then rain? Okay, let everything wash away. The shit on my head and my mask... try wash away everything!

I finished the last bottle of soju... I stood up. 4 years ago 10 bottles of soju was nothing... right now it's killing me. Is it because of the rain? Will it be better if I walk little?

"(sigh).."

Drinking alcohol makes you feel better? and makes you forget things that you want to forget? It's all lies. Except for I got little dizzy... my mind was very clear. Should I walk to my house like this? I just followed where my feet took me. The rain didn't seem like it was going to stop soon. Among many people who had umbrella I... was like a wife of a beggar.

"Ugh.. I don't feel so good."

I didn't know how long I walked. My feet started to hurt and before that... something was keep trying to come out from the inside of me, so it was hard to walk. I looked up... My mind was very clear. That... restaurant right front of me. That son of bitch was eating inside that restaurant. I thought I saw it wrong, so I tried to focus. A woman with the face of thick make-up and wearing very slutty clothes, and that guy who looks at her very gently and eating a steak... it was that jerk who broke up with me few hours ago.

I even got hit by the shit and the rain... you are just eating a steak in the nice place? Hahaha... Should I do something I couldn't do before?

"Good good good!"

I think there was a lot of pressure these days. I was kind of over reacting but who cares?

I stood up straight and tried not to strager. That bastard has mysophobia, so he only sits window seats. So right now I can take my revenge. Hehe.

(Knock knock)

Soon I was smiling. I knocked on the window and they automatically looked at me. The revenge I chose was...

"Bweck!"

That's right. I puke all over the window. Now I feel so fresh. What did I eat for snack? Oh yeah, dried squid, shrimp flavored chips... dried filefish and in the afternoon I ate kimbab.

They were in shock. I smirked at them and wiped my mouth with my sleeve and showed my middle finger and then bend my back.

"One, two... three!"

I can't run with these heels. Right away I took them off and hold them and took off. As I predicted that restaurant employees were coming after me. Where should I hide? Ah! that place will be perfect! It was very narrowed and dark alley. I was leaning on the wall and breathing heavily.

"Hah hah... I'm so tired since I haven't ran for long time. Ah, I feel so much better."

I was standing there for like 10 minutes. I thought it was alright to go out. Right when I was thinking of heading home...

"Meow"

I heard small cat sound. I turned my head to the side where I heard the sound, and I saw nothing was there.

"(Dog wine)"

A puppy? Just a moment ago it was a kitten and now it's a puppy? Something is weird.

"(Crunch cruch)"

Right after I hear different sound. It was like... something was chewing on something. Suddenly I felt chill, but I couldn't hold my curiosity. I slowly went deeper into the alley.

"Huh?"

(Touched)

It was too dark. Not sure if it's because of raining sound or because of there was no one... it was more than a chill it was scary. When I was walking forward, there was something slightly touched my leg.

"Meow"
"Huh?"

I just sat down and looked inside the box. The rain was heavy, but a kitten was not that wet. And... this is a dog? Then that thing in the corner is...

"It's a bunny."

A small kitten, puppy, and bunny was inside the cardboard box. This is strange usually people throw away one or in a group... Why are you guys all different kind? There is no way they came out in a same womb it is very... strange.

"It's warm. Hehe."

When I hold the puppy and the kitten... I smelled milk and felt warmness. For a moment I rubbed my face to them and realized... there was no difference between them and me. This is a destiny... Should I take them? Anyway I got laid off from my company, so I have plenty of time so...

(Grabbed)

Huh? Th..This?

"Aaaaaaaaah!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Continue to Ch.2 Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment